Gaining nutrition while you’re pregnant can be difficult due to morning sickness, short appetites, and unexpected aversions, which might cause you to lose weight even if you consume a balanced diet. But with the best prenatal vitamins to gain weight, you won’t miss some essential nutrients needed during pregnancy.
Using the best prenatal vitamins to gain weight is an easy way to fill any void and support your body and that of your baby’s growth and development.
When to Start Taking Prenatal Vitamins
Knowing when to start taking prenatal vitamins is vital to your health and that of your baby’s. It’s ideal to start taking prenatal vitamins before you get pregnant.
Folate in prenatal vitamins given before conception lowers the risk of neural tube abnormalities such as spina bifida.
“For the first month of your pregnancy, a baby’s neural tube grows, eventually becoming the brain and spinal cord. That could happen even before you realize you’re expecting it.
If you haven’t already started taking a daily prenatal vitamin, do so as soon as you learn you’re expecting. Then, throughout your pregnancy, you’ll continue to take your prenatal vitamin every day.
Your doctor may also advise that you take prenatal vitamins after delivery, particularly if you plan to breastfeed.
How to select the best prenatal vitamin to gain weight
Your doctor may prescribe a prescription prenatal supplement if you have pregnancy difficulties or other health issues. Otherwise, you can get over-the-counter vitamins at the pharmacy or online.
While there are many brands available, you’ll want to choose the best prenatal vitamin to gain weight that includes:
- folate (folic acid) aids in preventing neural tube irregularities, like spina bifida
- iron, which supplies oxygen to the baby and also prevents anemia
- calcium, which helps to boost the bone health
- “Vitamins D”, “Vitamine C”, A, and E
- zinc, boost the immune system
- “Vitamin B12”, which helps to prevent any congenital disabilities and support healthy bone development
Because most pregnant women don’t get enough choline, it’s critical to incorporate choline-rich foods like egg yolks in your diet or take a choline supplement.
Choline is vital for prenatal brain development and placental function, as well as for your health.
DHA, which is vital for your baby’s brain tissue growth and function, is also present in several supplements, especially during the third trimester.
Ask your doctor for DHA supplement advice if your multivitamin does not contain it.
Because each pregnancy is different, your doctor can advise you on the best vitamins and minerals to take.
While prenatal supplements can assist fill in nutritional shortages, they aren’t a one-way ticket to superhuman health throughout pregnancy.
Reading nutrition labels is critical, as is balancing your vitamin and mineral consumption with a well-rounded, vitamin-rich diet – which is different for everyone.
Best Prenatal Vitamins to Gain Weight
- Best prenatal vitamin subscription from Ritual: Ritual Essential Prenatals
- Best prenatal vitamin subscription from Care/of Care/of Baby Love Prenatal Multivitamin
- Best prenatal vitamin subscription from Persona: Persona Prenatal Supplements
- Best prenatal vitamins for vegetarians from MegaFood: MegaFood Baby & Me Pre- and Postnatal Dietary Supplement
- Best prenatal vitamins for vegetarians from Garden of Life: Garden of Life Code RAW Prenatals
- Best organic prenatal vitamin: Best Nest Wellness Mama Bird Prenatal Multi+ for a Healthy Pregnancy
- Best prenatal vitamins with DHA from Nature Made: Nature Made Prenatal Multi + DHA
- Best prenatal vitamins with DHA from Zahler: Zahler Mighty Mini Prenatal + DHA
- Best prenatal gummy: SmartyPants Prenatal Formula
- Best prenatal chewable: Seeking Health Optimal Prenatal Chewables
- Best vegan prenatal gummies: Garden of Life MyKind Organics Prenatal Multis
- Best prenatal vitamins for morning sickness from New Chapter: New Chapter Perfect HPrenatal Multivitamins
- Best prenatal vitamins for morning sickness from Actif Organic: Actif Organic Prenatal Vitamins
Here are 13 fantastic options to consider, whether you’re searching for something that will stay put when morning sickness strikes or simply want something that tastes nice.
We chose them since they include everything you’ll need while pregnant, and they’ve received excellent ratings online.
What’s the point of taking A Prenatal Vitamin?
The health of both you and your baby depends on eating the right foods at the right times. All of your baby’s nutritional requirements will be met by you, and your diet may be deficient in the vitamins and minerals required to ensure a successful pregnancy.
There are nutritional gaps during pregnancy, and taking a prenatal vitamin helps cover those gaps.
If you have dietary limitations, health difficulties, or complications during pregnancy, you should take a prenatal vitamin even more.
Prenatal vitamins also provide the following advantages:
- Morning sickness-related nausea has been proven to be alleviated by taking “vitamin B6”. Women who start taking prenatal vitamins before getting pregnant report reduced morning sickness in the first trimester.
- Some research says consistent use of a prenatal vitamin can increase your chances of having a healthy baby.
- Folic acid significantly minimizes your baby’s risk of developing neural tube abnormalities.
After taking a prenatal vitamin, you may feel queasy. If this is the case, take it with food or right before bedtime.
Constipation can also be a concern, especially if you’re taking an iron-rich prenatal vitamin.
Drink plenty of water and eat more fiber. You should also exercise on a regular basis. Inquire with your doctor about a safe stool softener to use during pregnancy.
Ask your doctor for alternative prenatal vitamin advice if none of these steps helps. Finding the best prenatal vitamins to gain weight that is right for you and your child will help you achieve the best possible health.